District Governor Responsibilities
The district governor (DG) is the chief administrative officer of the district and serves as the district governor team leader. The by-laws of the District Constitution and By-laws state a district governor’s responsibilities include:
- Oversee the Global Membership Team at the district level and administer and promote membership growth and new club development.
- Oversee the Global Leadership Team at the district level and administer and promote leadership development at the club and district levels.
- Preside, when present, over cabinet, convention and other district meetings.
- Promote harmony among the chartered Lions clubs.
- Ensure that each Lions club in the district be visited by the district governor or other district officer once every year to facilitate successful administration of the club.
- Perform such other functions and acts as shall be required of him/her by the International Board of Directors through the District Governor’s Manual and other directives.
Club Rebuilding and Reactivation
Lions Clubs International offers multiple levels of support to help strengthen weak clubs and reactivate clubs that have been canceled or placed in status quo.
Guiding Lion Program
District governors are encouraged to appoint two guiding Lions to help new clubs through their first two years of service.
District Governor Resources
The LCI website offers a wealth of resources for district governors. Use the links below to help navigate your way through the site and to find the forms, publications and information you need.
For the DG Team
- Constitution - Multiple District Constitution and By-Laws (la5.pdf)
- Constitution - District Constitution and By-Laws (la4.pdf)
- Constitution - Standard Club Constitution and By-Laws (la2.pdf)
- Board Policy Manual
- District Governor Team Manual
- Cabinet Secretary-Treasurer Manual (la40.pdf)
- Region Chairperson Manual (da200.pdf)
- Zone Chairperson Manual (da100.pdf)
- Club Officers Manual (la15.pdf)
- Constitutional Complaints Procedures (constitution_comp.pdf)
- Dispute Resolution Procedures (dist_dispute.pdf)
- Club Dispute Resolution Procedures (club_dispute.pdf)
- District Election Guidelines (lg23.pdf)
- DG/VDG Election Complaints Procedures (dgvdg_election.pdf)
- Ceremony for Installation of Officers (le1.pdf)
- The International Visitor - A Hosting & Protocol Guide (pr768.pdf)
- The Vital
- Your Council of Governors (da-ycog.pdf)
- The Team Approach for Club Visits (da-cta1.pdf)
- Forms and Publications
- Badge Order Form (DA1000.pdf)
- Club Supplies Order Form (M74EN.pdf)
- DGE Seminar Registration & Travel Form (dge_registration_and_travel_form.pdf)
- DGE Seminar
- International President Approval Form
- Lions Club's Officer Reporting Form (pu101.pdf)
- Peace Poster Kit Order Form (pr785.pdf)
- Speaker Request Notification Form
- Lions Youth Camp & Exchange Participant Application (yce1401.xls)
- District Officer Crest (A150.pdf)
- Leo Leadership Grant Program and Application (Leo_Leadership_Grant_A.pdf)
- Lions Family and Women Symposium Program Planning Guide (mp101.pdf)
- Lions Services for Children Symposium Program Planning Guide (iad262.pdf)
- Lions Services for Children Symposium Reimbursement Application (iad262a.pdf)
- Membership Grant Application (mga.pdf)
- Public Relations Matching Grant Program (pr9221.pdf)
- Public Relations Matching Grant Program Application
- How to Apply for an LCIF International Assistance Grant (lcif110.pdf)
- How to Apply for an LCIF Standard Grant (lcif109.pdf)
- LCIF Grant Programs Brochure (lcif122a.pdf)
- LCIF International Assistance Grant Application (iag1.pdf)
- LCIF SightFirst Grant Application Guide (sf203.pdf)
- LCIF SightFirst Brochure (lcif122.pdf)
- LCIF Standard Grant Criteria Application (lcif27.pdf)
- Melvin Jones Fellowship Application Form (lcif42m.pdf)