Leo Projects and Promotions
Leo Projects and Promotions
Leo clubs make local communities better places to live through a diverse array of community service projects. The following steps will guide Leo clubs and help young leaders make a meaningful impact within their communities.
Planning Service Activities
- Identify a Community Need: Use the Community Needs Assessment to determine your next project and assess which services are needed in your community.
- Contact other Community Organizations: Successful projects often involve collaboration with other partners. Connect with other organizations and seek potential partnerships for greater impact.
- Calculate Costs: Assess the current financial and membership resources within your club. If necessary, consider creating a joint project with another Leo club or with your sponsoring Lions club.
- Establish a Timeline and Measurable Goals: Determine your project goals - what do you hope to achieve and when do you hope to achieve it.
- Create a Work Plan: Develop a strategy for achieving your project's goals. Outline tasks and responsibilities to ensure success.
- Publicize the Project: Inform the media about the project. Submit details about the activity to local newspapers, radio stations and television stations in advance.
Implementing Service Activities
- Monitor Progress: Stay on task and monitor progress towards your goals. Ask questions to determine what works and what does not work.
- Modify Timelines, Responsibilities and Goals: Adjust tasks and logistics to more effectively meet goals, timelines and the needs of the community.
- Motivate Club Members: Encourage participation and inspire action.
Completing Service Activities
- Evaluate Impact: Ask questions to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the project. Learn from successes and challenges to improve future service activities.
- Recognize and Reward Participants: Acknowledge contributions from all participants, thank partner organizations and celebrate successes.
Reporting Leo Service Activities in MyLCI
In regions using MyLCI, Leo clubs can submit service activity reports online to share results and photos. The Frequently Asked Questions includes helpful screenshots and step-by-step instructions for reporting service activities. Please note, Lions Clubs International no longer collects service activity reports via email.
Spotlight on Children
Every day, millions of children around the world miss out on the joys of childhood. Instead of playing with toys, they deal with poverty, malnutrition, illness, conflict and abandonment.
That's why Leos take part in Spotlight on Children, the international service project of Leo clubs. Through Spotlight on Children projects, Leos enrich the lives of children by:
- Addressing childhood hunger
- Responding to the needs of children in refugee camps
- Promoting literacy and education programs
- Offering comfort and support to hospitalized children
- Raising funds for immunization programs
Leo clubs that plan and implement Spotlight on Children projects are eligible to receive the Spotlight on Children Banner Patch.