Sponsor a Peace Poster Contest
Sponsor a Peace Poster Contest
Lions clubs can sponsor this art contest in local schools or organized, sponsored youth groups. "A Celebration of Peace" is the theme of the 2016-17 Peace Poster Contest.
- Order a Peace Poster Contest Kit
- Promote the Contest
- Peace Poster Contest Deadlines
- Peace Poster Contest Video
Lions clubs interested in sponsoring the Lions International Peace Poster Contest can order a Peace Poster Contest kit (PPK-1) from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters. The cost of the kit is US$11.95 plus shipping, handling and applicable taxes. The kit is available in all 11 of our official languages. Lions clubs must purchase a kit for each contest sponsored. Each kit contains:
- Official Club Contest Guide and Rules
- Official School or Youth Group Contest Guide and Rules
- Participant Flyer to duplicate and give to participating students to take home
- Sticker to place on back of winning poster
- Certificates for contest winner and school or youth group
You can order kits from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters from January 15 to October 1. To order a kit, call Club Supplies Sales at (630) 571-5466 or 1-800-710-7822 (U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada only). To order online, go to Club Supplies (Item Search: Peace Poster Kit).
Please review contest rules and order kits as soon as possible to guarantee sufficient time for a well-planned contest. For orders within the United States, please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. Additional delivery time is needed for orders outside the United States.
In addition to the kit, you can also use the following PR Tools to promote your club's Peace Poster Contest:
- Peace Poster press release
- Peace Poster Brochure
- District Peace Poster Chairperson's Guide
- Honorable Mention certificate
- Peace Poster DVD
Peace Poster Tabletop Exhibit
The Peace Poster Tabletop Exhibit is available for loan free of charge to clubs, districts and multiple districts in the United States to promote the Peace Poster Contest. Please note that due to customs regulations, we are unable to ship the exhibit outside of the United States.
The tabletop exhibit is:
- A great way to draw additional attention to the contest, and encourage others to get involved. Past successful locations include libraries, community events and district, multiple district and state Lions conventions.
- Approximately four by six feet in size and requires no assembly.
- A very popular exhibit. Please plan ahead and make your requests early.
For More Information
To learn about, or check availability of the exhibit, contact us.
Entries not meeting deadlines will be disqualified.
- January 15: Kits go on sale from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
- October 1: Deadline to purchase kits from the Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters.
- November 15: Postmark deadline for a club to send one winning poster (per contest sponsored) to the district governor.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a Governor to send one winning district poster to multiple district council chairperson.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a Governor not belonging to a multiple district to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- December 1: Postmark deadline for a Club not belonging to a district to send one winning entry to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- December 15: Postmark deadline for the multiple district council chairperson to send one winning poster to the Public Relations Department at International Headquarters.
- February 1: International winners notified on or before this date.